Tea Time with Dana and Marcelina

There's nothing quite like... a huge teacup.
There's nothing quite like discovering a new nook to study, a new armchair to relax in, or a new teacup to drink out of. Recently having discovered all three, I think I finally found my new haven for studying for the upcoming AP tests. I've walked by the tea house a good amount of times, yet I never entered. Although my interest grew and grew, I always seemed to be passing by it, barely giving it a second thought. But as my friend and I began to have rather peculiar discussions about drinking tea, I decided it was time to check it out. Trying to interest my friend, I linked her to the tea room's website. As I myself began to explore the photographs and videos posted on the website, my heart began to pound. Although rarely a positive sign, in this case, the pounding emerged from pure excitement. I don't believe that my interest in a location has ever sparked so quickly... and with such great intensity. We quickly chose the date to explore this tea house: this Friday, immediately after school.
So as planned, as the school bell rang, we both arose from our seats on opposite ends of the school, but both buzzing with excitement. We quickly rushed to the TRAX station and rode through downtown Salt Lake City. Upon arrival to the Gallivan Plaza station, we hurriedly jumped out of our seats and skirted towards the door. The green lights around the "open doors" button were flashing, yet as I pushed the button, the doors would not budge. I pressed it again and again. Nothing. I could feel the energy radiating from my friend. "Let us out," she complained. And after these painful few seconds (which, you must realize, felt like hours, as time was zooming past us at warp speed as we engulfed ourselves in pure anticipation), the doors finally opened, and we stepped out onto the platform, cold air immediately freezing our fingertips and the tips of our already red ears. We shuffled over to Beehive Tea Room and entered. A weird buzz was felt as we entered the tea house. Although not occupied by many individuals, the place immediately seemed so cheerful and, well, what other way to describe it but as homey. We took a seat in one of the tiny booths located more to the back of the tea house. Eagerly glancing at the menu, my friend and I chose to share a pot of tea and to get some scones. Not having the tea menu before our eyes, we rose up and walked over to the large chalk board hanging over the kitchen area. So many teas to choose from... yet already having been satisfied by the interior itself, we decided to subdue our adventure a bit and chose a tea we were both comfortable with, at this moment, English Breakfast Tea.

Tea and Scones never looked so good.
 
The joys of expensive tea in fancy teacups.
Upon receiving the red pot with our two little scones, Dana and I could wait no more. We indulged in the sweet jam our scones were smothered in, and the calming aroma of the tea.

Enjoying our tea.

Yet I cannot fully judge how great the scones were, nor how aromatic the tea was, as all I could thing about was the varying mirrors surrounding our tables, the beautiful tea cup the lady across from us was holding, and the small lanterns hanging above our heads. This was round one. Meaning we're definitely coming again. I can't wait.

No comments: