A Dash of Asia

After 13 long and tiring hours spent outside of my house, I'm finally back in the comfort of my own room, my aching back cushioned against a couple soft pillows, small lights twinkling above my bed. And though it was a day full of fatigue, it was also an amazing day, spent predominantly visiting the Asian countries. Well, not physically, but mentally, I traveled from Korea to China, and finally to Japan. Let me explain.
My day started off with something completely new: Korean classes. Ever since I was introduced to the Korean culture (which I will confess, was through the so called "K-Dramas"), I've had a pull towards the country and its language. So after discovering that there was in fact a Korean school in Utah, I grasped the opportunity by the hand and pulled my friend, Keiko, along, who has had a massive obsession for years. So we were both extremely excited as we drove out to Murray this morning. We were put in the beginner adult class...and there were no other psychotic high school girls who had this strong urge to learn Korean as we did, but hey, they say be yourself, right?
 
Following the Korean classes, I drove over to the University of Utah for string federation, but as soon as I was finished, my stomach growling, Keiko and I headed out for some food. We tried to get some Pho initially, but the little restaurant downtown we usually go to was closed, so we decided on Dim Sum. It was absolutely magnificent. It wasn't until a few months ago that I learned that Dim Sum is all over the Salt Lake area, not just in Las Vegas, as I had initially believed.
Dim Sum.
Then we headed to a Japanese store to by the basics to make some Miso soup at home. I also indulged in "Hello Panda" cookies.
Hello Panda Cookies.
Although I'm grateful that this day is finally over, I can't say I've ever experienced so many different cultures in the span of 13 hours; it's something I'll never forget.

No comments: